Monday, June 17, 2013

More oldies


These two oldies were also painted in watercolors. The first one is from the book Peter Enkorak by Terry Jones (the original title is Jack One-Step) and it is my first illustrated book. It was published by Mladinska Knjiga from Slovenia in 1991 as a very little, thin book with only 9 illustrations. Three of them will be included in the upcoming book The Art of Petar Meseldzija.
The other illustration is in fact an unfinished piece which I did in 1994 while contemplating a story that takes place in the 17th century Holland; with a talented and brave little rabbit, his a little less brave mouse friend, and a guy by the name of Rembrandt (who was not a very talented painter) as the main characters. And although I wrote almost the entire story, I never went further than this unfinished illustration.

 
 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous Petar ! I love that gnome, the way the colours went down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that clumsy little guy, too. Somehow he reminds me of my own clumsy beginnings :-)

      Delete
  2. Love seeing these older paintings, and the way your style translated into watercolour compared to oils.
    I'm curious, do you still do watercolour illustrations occasionally or have you more or less moved unto oils fully by now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nik,
      As far as I remember, I haven’t done any watercolor painting in more than a decade, perhaps longer.

      Delete
  3. Beklager, kan ikke engelsk. Dessverre, bare serbisk, norsk og lit rusisk. Vær så snil, neste log på en av "mine" språk:)))))))))

    ReplyDelete