Friday, June 28, 2013

Art book finished


It has been a long and exhausting journey, but my first art book The Art of Petar Meseldzija has finally been wrapped up and sent off to the printer. The release date is scheduled for August 20th.
For the last 6 months I have been working very hard to put the book together, and I must say that I would never achieve my objectives without help I received from a few people who kindly offered their assistance and expertise. First off all, Dragan Bibin who helped me design the most important features of the book; Dragan Polovina who helped me finish the digital maquette of the book; Rian Gemei from Dark Dragon Books who did the actual job of wrapping up the book; my lithographer Marcel Salome from Re-Art who skillfully reworked all the digital files and by doing so “switched on the lights” in the paintings; and last but not least, Greg Manchess who very generously agreed to write the introduction, a very insightful and a wonderful one, which, to be honest, still makes me blush when I read it.

But of course, all this wouldn’t be possible without Amin Gemei, the publisher, who said “yes” when I asked him if he would be willing to publish my art book.
This hardcover, 160 pages book, with the text in English, will be first presented in August at the comic convention in Valkenswaard, the Netherlands. In September, I will be presenting it at the IlluxCon show in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

In case you want to know more about the book, here are a few links:









 

10 comments:

  1. Great, Peter! I hope that I will not be too rude if I ask you to save a nice copy for me. I have already prepared the money for the book, and when the next time you're in Serbia, we can make the transaction (and drink to that;)
    All the best!
    Cheers!
    Ivica (Edge)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Ivice, a nice copy of the book will be put aside for you :-)
      Again, many thanks for introducing me to Dragan Polovina! Our collaboration was pleasant and the results were excellent, at least I think so… See you next time in Serbia.


      Delete
  2. Congratulations Petar! I'm looking forward to the book and seeing you and your pieces at Illuxcon this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Soutchay! See you in a few months in Allentown :-)

      Delete
  3. Najzad!Zadovoljstvo za oci i dusu!Cestitam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vlado, druze, hvala najlepse! Sad jos samo da stampar uradi svoj posao kako valja!

      Delete
  4. ...This looks spectacular!
    I can´t wait to see more,all the hard work sure looks to result in a beautiful tome! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark!
      Looking forward to seeing you in Breda in October!

      Delete
  5. ....Zeker weten, veel groetjes aan Anita...!!

    ReplyDelete