Friday, December 28, 2012

Masters of Contemporary Illustration:

Vladyslav Yerko


Vladyslav Yerko was born in 1962 in Kiev, Ukraine. He lived at his grandmother’s house in the village of Pirniv until he was seven years old and considers this to be the best time of his life. He spent his first year sleeping in a large suitcase, which rested on a chair under a lilac tree, and, likening his childhood to that of Mowgli, from Kipling’s Jungle Book, Yerko says he was raised, not by wolfs, but by “chickens, turkeys and the village cats”! His surroundings – the forest and river, insects and fish – all left a deep and lasting impression on the young boy and to this day, flora, fauna and the diversity of nature’s beauty serve as the wellspring of his inspiration.
Yerko graduated from the Kiev Polygraphic Academy before embarking on his highly successful career as an illustrator.


 

 

 


 

 

 
 
 

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a great artist, and still no comments…Hmmm…???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not great with checking the two blogs I follow on a regular basis so I'm just now seeing this. Amazing! I really love this series of posts. I'm a fan of your work and I love finding new artists to obsess with. Thanks to your previous post I asked for and received a couple of Pavel Tatarnikov books this year for Christmas. Now I will add Vladyslav to the list of must have. Reminds me of a cross between two of my favorites, K.Y.Craft and the combo of Andrej Dugin and Olga Dugina. Love the eye for detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy, welcome to the club of admirers of their art :)

      Delete